Mission to Mars Educator Workshop at UTTC
Attention In-service ND K-12 Educators!
What: A Hands-on Space Science Educator Workshop. Draft Agenda
Where: United Tribes Technical College (UTTC), Science & Technology Center, Room 117
When: July 20-21, 2018
Instructors: The North Dakota Space Grant Consortium (NDSGC) and UTTC's Teacher Education Department
Capacity: We have a limit of 20 seats. We will open up a waiting list after all seats have been filled.
Register Here (please be sure to read the information below first. Additional registration link is below.)
- Free! (All travel and lodging costs are reimbursed. Per Diem is provided for meals not supplied by the NDSGC).
- Two-day workshop, on a Friday and Saturday
- Engage in hands-on STEM activities, designed for your classroom
- Take home materials and resources to replicate activities in your classroom
- Network with other STEM teachers
- Learn about other NASA opportunities in North Dakota
- Use NGSS, SciGirls, and NASA Education frameworks
To sign up for the workshop (regardless of credit desired), please fill out the following online application form, here.
You will receive a confirmation email once we receive your submission. If you do not hear from us after a few days, please contact Marissa Saad, email@example.com.
1. To register for PD Credit: Click here
- Grades for this workshop are given as Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory (S/U).
- Active participation in all workshop activities including discussions will result in a grade of ‘S.’
- REGISTRATION OPEN: June 15, 2018
- REGISTRATION CLOSED: July 28, 2018
From UND Office of Extended Learning:
- You will receive an email confirmation of your course completion and instructions for ordering transcripts after UND receives the grade report from the instructor. Contact Marissa Saad concerning your grade if you have not received your course completion confirmation from UND within 2- 3 weeks of the end of course date.
- All grades for Professional Development Credits are recorded on official transcripts at the University of North Dakota as Graduate Professional Development Education Credit. It takes approximately 4 weeks from your end of course date for grades to be posted on transcripts, provided registrations and grades are received according to posted due dates.
Viewing Unofficial Transcripts and Ordering Transcripts:
For full instructions, go to: http://und.edu/tech-support/students/educators
UND Office of Extended Learning
Professional Development for Educators
2. To register for CEU Credit at UTTC:
REQUIRED: Please download, sign, and scan this document. Please attach the document in an email to the following individuals:
Julie Desjarlais, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marissa Saad, email@example.com
Optional Research Study:
Workshop participants will be asked to participate in a research study which involves voluntary surveys. Participants will take the surveys before the workshop (pre-survey), immediately following the conclusion of the workshop (post-survey), and after the 2018 fall semester (secondary post-survey). Participation is completely voluntary and will not affect workshop grading. Those interested in participating will complete a consent of participation form, found on the online survey. Teachers will be aware that their participation will be anonymous, come with zero risks, and will benefit themselves a future teachers. The purpose of this research study is to investigate the impact of a space-themed professional development workshop on teacher confidence in space sciences.