The NDSGC, through a partnership with the ND Vision Services/School for the Blind (NDVS/SB), is awarding the annual NDVS/SB scholarship.
Up to five scholarships, for a total of $2,500, will be awarded. The amount and number of scholarships awarded will be determined by need and the number of eligible applicants.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States who are enrolled at an NDSGC higher education institution. The degree program should be in the areas of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) or STEM Education. Students must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. Applicants must be eligible for services from North Dakota Vision Services/School for the Blind. Primary selection criteria include:
- Academic excellence (a minimum GPA of 3.00 is required)
- Relevance of the student's discipline and interests to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)
- Essay completion
Applicants should submit the following materials to the selection committee:
- Completed application form
- Essay (no more than 500 words) addressing the following question:
- How has your visual impairment affected your pursuit of a career in a STEM field? Please address how your visual impairment has been potentially both a hindrance and a benefit as you pursue this field.
All scholarship applicants will be informed of the selection committee's decision by March 1, 2021. Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the awardee in the Spring of 2021. Submit application materials by February 15th, 2021 to:
500 Stanford Road
Grand Forks, ND 58203